Monday, February 20, 2012

Little health issues and huge blessing

Léo has been a bit sick lately. Nothing big -a stomach flu and double pink eye on top of his usual cold. He's been in a good mood but he needs to be held all the time and is tired. I am leaving for Vietnam on Friday night and hope he will feel better by then. I hope he'll be okay while I'm there -I would hate not to be able to rock him and hug him is he's sick, though I know Joe will do a great job being there for him.

I feel quite guilty about leaving. Of course I feel bad for Léo but I know he has no concept of time, so he should be fine. I really feel bad for Joe because as much fun as Léo is, 12 days of solo parenting is stressful. I've done 4-5 days and it was tough. Well, I don't need to worry too much because Joe's mom is going to fly here this weekend to help Joe a bit. Then he has 4 days alone but the nanny will be there from 8-6. After that he'll be in Orange County for 5 days. And then I come back! I am so grateful that Joe's mom is willing to fly here to help. It is such a relief to know that Joe will have company! Joe's mom is a blessing. Joe will get help and company and Léo will spend time with his grandma. I can leave with a lighter heart!

This is Léo this weekend. Tired, pink-eyed, but happy!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're right, he's going to be fine and will LOVE all the attention from Daddy, Grandma, and the rest of the family. You'll miss him, but you'll also enjoy hours of uninterrupted sleep, so in my opinion, it's a win-win. :-) The time will go by fast and you'll be home before you know it!
Hope your Sweet Boy gets better soon. We've have a case of the sickies all winter long it seems, so I feel your pain.