Monday, February 27, 2012

Brrrrrr

We arrived in the village in which we're going to stay 9 days this morning. It's COLD. Not only is it cold outside, it's also cold inside because the guest house bedroom doesn't have a heater -and the doors and windows are not insulated. Right now I'm sandwiched between blankets and I have filled 4 little bottles of with hot water to keep me warm. I'm still freezing. I might wear 2 pairs of everything tomorrow. I'm not kidding. I'm that cold -and of course I don't have a coat. D'oh.
Ok, I checked the weather. It's about 55 outside during the day. Right now I'd say it's 40-45. It's not freezing. But I'm cold and I'm a wuss and a baby, so... wah-wah. I know, I know.

I am looking forward to meeting the communities though I know I won't understand what is going on. I hope the 8 more days we're here will go by fast. I'm anxious to see my baby boy and Joe.

Joe had to bring Leo to urgent care today because he kept on hitting his ear. Sure enough, he has a double ear infection. SERIOUSLY!!! Stomach flu, double pink eye and double ear infection, all in 3 weeks. I hate being away from him period, but even more when I know he's sick. I wish the evaluation didn't take so long. I am grateful for the opportunity to be here, but frankly I wish I were home with my baby.
8 more days...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about Joe and Baby Leo! Friday can't come soon enough for Joe, I bet. The good thing about kids is that they are resilient and I've found that they respond well, and quickly, to the right meds. So, if he's on antibiotics for his ears and eyes, he will seriously be feeling better within 24 hours of starting the meds. It might take longer for Joe to start feeling better than Leo!

Jen said...

Hope as I write this Leo and Joe are both feeling better, and you are warmer! Did you find a hat, gloves or a coat?