Sunday, February 26, 2012

In Vietnam!

I arrived in Hanoi a few hours ago. The city is quite nice. I was telling my colleagues that chaos, dust, and state of the buildings aside, the city reminded me of Paris. Well as it turns out we're in the French quarter! The weather is all right here but another colleague says she spent time in a village close to where we're going and it was cold. As in she had to sleep with a hat and gloves on because the guest house was not heated. I am NOT looking forward to that at all. I didn't bring any hat or gloves. Maybe I'll buy some today!

The flights were uneventful. I took some relaxing pills. But I was not that stressed to begin with so I slept 11 of the 13 hour-flight. And then slept some more on the way from Taipei to Hanoi. Not my smartest move, but whatever.

Leo has been sick. He might have pink eye again and he threw up last night. I feel so terrible for my poor baby -and his sleep-deprived daddy. Please pray that his health is restored soon. Joe will bring him to urgent care tomorrow. Uh. I hate being here knowing that my baby is sick -and knowing I won't have internet access for the next week.

Speaking of internet access... Facebook is blocked in Vietnam!!! I have withdrawals already.

I'll post pictures later. I'm going to take another 30' in the city right now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry it's so cold and you're unprepared. But is there at least sun? Hope so!
Glad you arrived safely and were able to sleep so much! I imagine it was de-li-cious!
That's crazy-talk that FB is blocked in Vietnam. And sad. I didn't know the gov't had such a tight grip on freedoms of social media there.... I guess I don't know much about Vietnam (other than that I'd like to go there!).

Unknown said...

it's little problem to access fb in vietnamese. In window I modify file host to access fb, but I cant do similar way in Ubuntu. :(