Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I need a lesson in life!

This weekend after a busy day with Joe and Léo, I told Joe: "You know, Léo hasn't had any solids today." I always forget to feed him solids.

This weekend a good friend (hi, Heidi!) re-organized her pantry and posted pictures on her blog. I was super impressed with the way it looked and by what she had in her pantry. She has a lot of basic food that allows her to cook a lot of meals. In comparison, here is my pantry:

No wonder we eat frozen meals. I really need to learn how to cook -and how to fill up my pantry (suggestions appreciated).

Today, another good friend (hi, Sarah!) and I were talking about the haircut I want to have. She asked whether I would color my hair and after I told her that my hair was super dry last time I colored it, she asked whether I used conditioner. Um, no, I don't. She laughed kindly.

When I got married I bought a book called The Modern Girl's Guide to Life. I think it's about time I read it!!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Woohoo! A shout-out in Living Ubuntu! :-) I love how deep your shelves are in your pantry. Our old house had a deep pantry like that and I loved it. You could go to the Container Store and have a party organizing that baby! (Which by the way, it does look organized...?)

I'm still figuring out how to maximize the staples in my pantry, but here's my essentials list:

Chicken Broth
Vegetable broth
Cream of Chicken
Cream of Mushroom
Olive Oil
Balsalmic
Pasta
Beans (dried & canned)
Enchilada Sauce
Diced chiles
Chipotles in Adobo
Creamed Corn
Jiffy
Wild Rice Rice a Roni (for soups)
Rolled Oats (for snack bars, granola)
Nuts
Raisins
Instant Mashed Potatoes (for soup)
Rice Wine Vinegar
Sesame Oil
Tomato Paste

I think those are the basics I keep in mine but I want to branch out and start buying ingredients like "hoison sauce", etc., to make more interesting meals!

I always say I'm going to make my cream of xxx soups from scratch, but forget it. I never have the time or motivation!

Tell me what you decide on your hair! I need inspiration! Mine is just...gross!

Anonymous said...

Hey, if you like frozen meals, you can make your own. :-) I actually have a great cookbook called Fix, Freeze, Feast that allows you to make frozen meals (one afternoon). It's great because you can come home, throw it on the skillet, and dinner's ready!