Monday, October 17, 2011

Excuse My French.

I need a serious mouth washing. With soap and all. I usually think cussing is pretty funny. In particular I love using the phrases I learn in Dexter (thanks, Debra Morgan!). But I need to stop. First I cuss like a mad woman in front of Leo, which is not really fine. Second, I am not all mentally there these days and have cussed in 2 very unfortunate situations -both using my phone while driving. I guess I need to stop more than one bad habit!
#1- I left a voicemail to a doctor, in which I was super polite and jolly. 5 seconds after I hang up, a man cut in front of me and started driving 5 miles an hour. I was late. I was pissed. So I cussed him. Problem is... I never actually hung up the phone, so the doc must have heard an earful of not so friendly words. Uh.
#2 - Today again I phoned another doctor to say I was running late -I am ALWAYS late these days! A woman almost drove into my car and I had a slight brain fart, during which I forgot I was on the phone and yelled "F you." Uh, sh*t.

This is embarrassing. I really need to stop cussing so much!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm laughing because I'm right there with 'ya! I won't even tell you some of the things Oliver has repeated, but they are NOT good!

Recently I've been editing myself to say, "f-word" (literally, that's what I say). Last night Oliver dropped something and yelled, "f word! f word!".

I guess if we get kicked out of public school he and Leo can chill together! ;-)

Jen said...

LOL. Literally!

Fab said...

You crack me up!!! This is so relatble -being busy, late and sleep deprived will give you a sailors mouth.

Just be happy that Leo can't repeat what you're saying. Lately, I've been catching myself more than David would like. Take yesterday for example when I actually closed an egg in the refrigerator door getting a gooey mess all over everything, just to hear myself yell out mother goose!! Yeah.

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha!