Sunday, October 2, 2011

And We're Back!

We're almost all moved in. Boxes are cleared and clothes folded. Now we have to decorate the walls and find a place for my books. We also have to buy a new table and chairs as well as a desk for me to work and Joe to study.

Joe went back to school... and he's staying enrolled! One class is really fascinating to me: leadership and evidence-based management. I'm reading his material with interest. The other two classes are stats and econ. I won't be looking at these books anytime soon. We still need to figure out a routine for our week -when he studies, when I can have a bit of time to breathe, when I cook (well, yes). I think it's going to be fine. I just have to stop thinking about his graduation date (Dec 2013. Aaargh. Léo will almost be 3 years old. WHAT?!?) and take it one day at a time.

Léo has been such a ham lately. He understands that we might be around even when he can't see us, so he's looking for us all the time and is so happy when he finally spots us. Tonight I was taking a shower and he was on the bedroom bed. I could see him peek in the bathroom to see me and he had a huge grin on his face every time I said hi. It's nice to have these moments when he looks for us. It makes up for the fact that he's not cuddly at all anymore! I long for hugs and kisses, but he's into discovering the world around him and bouncing. I'm sure the time for hugs will come back. I am really trying to enjoy his still being a baby because I know I'll regret this phase when he's 2 or 3 years old.

Today he said "ba-ba-ba-ba" repeatedly. Yay, he's beginning to talk!! He has such a cute face when he says baba. And then he laughs because he sees us laugh and smile so much -and clap, but that stops him dead in his tracks, so we don't do that too much. I am dumbly so proud of him for saying this syllable. I mean, it's normal for babies to say that, but I still feel super happy that he's saying it repeatedly. He makes my heart burst with love, this boy!

For the past 2 nights he's woken up only once to eat and he hasn't been up for an hour (usually 3 to 4) like he's used to. He just eats and goes back to bed. I pray this will stay this way for a while. It feels good to not dread the nights. I remember when I was pregnant reading about a friend whose 5 month old baby still woke up in the middle of the night. Oh how judgmental I was! I told myself I would follow the baby wise method and would never allow my baby to wake up throughout the night after 12 weeks. Ha. Haha. Hahaha. We're at 25 weeks and I'm happy he only wakes up once. Having a baby is one great lesson in humility.

I feel that not much is going on but my calendar is full. It seems that the weeks zoom by. I am making an effort to document what Léo is doing and to pause to see him grow, but it still feels that time if flying by. Maybe that's what happens when you're a parent. One friend said "the days are long but the years are short." It is so true. Some days are so slooow but then the weeks and months seem to pass by too fast. So I'm trying to slow down and enjoy each moment.

Gah I sound so Carpe Diem-y. Next thing you know I'll be on a chair saying "Oh Captain my Captain!"

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Aww, he sounds like he's grown up so much since I saw him! How sweet reading these updates!