Saturday, August 27, 2011

Comfort Gesture

I noticed that Léo scratches his head when he's tired. I thought that was really cute. Then tonight while rocking him to sleep (yes, I have to rock him to sleep these days), I did what I always do at night when he nurses: I pass one hand in circles through his hair. I do that as a way to be comforting to him even though I don't talk to him during the night. Only tonight did I put 2 and 2 together: he's scratching his head the way I caress his hair at night.
My baby boy has copied this night time habit and made it his to comfort himself when he's tired. That's so sweet!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow, that is really amazing when you think about it! And so sweet. Babies pick up on things so quickly.
(P.S. I keep trying to post comments on your other blog but they never appear?)