Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I see the light!

It's amazing how fast habits change in the life of an infant.

We moved Léo from his co-sleeper in our bedroom to his crib in his bedroom on Friday. That night was an epic failure and he spent most of the time in our bed. Well, it was a failure because he didn't sleep well in his bed but it was nice to spend the night so close to him. On Saturday, he had sort of a rough time falling asleep but then slept from 8p-1a. On Sunday he also slept well -from 8p to 2a- but had a really difficult time falling asleep, so much so that I had to take a little breather before realizing he was just hot and hungry. After we put the A/C on and fed him he fell asleep within 5 minutes. Duh. Tonight I was bracing myself for another rough time rocking him to sleep but I put him in his crib and he fell asleep. Right there and then! It's been 3 hours and he hasn't moved. He finally found a position that he likes -which means he's not rolling over all the time. He still wakes himself up from 4-6 and then wants to play and talk and eat his feet, but he now sleeps pretty well from the time he goes to bed to 1-2 for a feeding and then again until about 4.

I don't want to jinx anything, but I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel-of-no-sleep!! JOY!

2 comments:

Jen said...

That is awesome! I bet you are feeling like a new woman! Way to go Leo. :) I hope this is just the beginning of your nights of better sleep. Sam is still waking to eat twice so Leo is doing even better.

Anonymous said...

Every day, and night, are different, but eventually you'll all get in to a great sleeping pattern. It WILL come. I promise. It's so awesome that he's made a good adjustment to the crib. Now we just need to get YOU guys adjusted to him sleeping in the crib... ;-)