Saturday, September 10, 2011

5 months!

Léo is now 5 months old. I see him grow day after day and he's becoming a really fun boy to be around. Two nights ago I stood next to his crib and watched him sleep. He just looked so small. It reminded me that even though he seems to learn something new everyday, understands us better, develops a sense of humor, etc, he's still just a baby. He's my baby. I said that when he was about 6 weeks old and it still applies: he's already 5 months old, yet he's only 5 months old.

He has changed SO much in a month!
- He loves to laugh with his dad. He also loves being "thrown" in the air. He has a super cute laugh.
- He has found and constantly eats his feet.
- He loves to try to hold his bottles. He doesn't really like to nurse during the day anymore so I've had to pump and bottle feed him a lot. At times I use TV as a way to hold his attention so that he finishes his bottles.
- His sleep has really changed. He now sleeps in his crib, unswaddled. At night he wakes up twice to feed -at 1 and 4 (no more 11 feedings, I think). After 4 he has a really hard time falling back asleep. He doesn't take long naps anymore. He needs to be rocked to sleep -well if we sleep trained him he would not need to be rocked, but we haven't started that yet.
- He "talks" a bit more -i.e., he grunts less. He loves talking to Piper.
- He drools TONS.
- He grabs everything and puts everything in his mouth.
- We fed him oatmeal cereal and bananas but he didn't care for either.
- He can sit and stand if we support him. He's still pretty immobile, which is nice since our home is not baby proof at all!
- He smiles a lot. At everybody.

He still rocks my world every day. I love this little boy so much!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I love these updates!

I've only seen your brother a few times on Facebook, but I feel like he has a striking resemblance to him in this photo!

Anonymous said...

I love that "Baby Leo" is so happy and smiley all the time. He is growing so fast and is really getting a fun personality! I also love that our kids can "hang out together" a few days a week. :-)

Jen said...

Happy (belated) 5 months to Leo! It is flying by, seriously. Soon he'll be sitting and crawling. He's such a beautiful boy. Those blue eyes... ah.