Tuesday, June 14, 2011

2 month check up

Yesterday Léo had his 2 month check up -which means he got shots and was not happy about it. He measures 24 inches and weighs 12 pounds 9 ounces. He is growing well!

The doctor asked a bunch of questions to establish whether he has met his developmental milestones:
Does he smile? Kind of, as of last week.
Does he coo? Nope.
Does he follow you with his eyes? Nope. The doctor then said "well usually they like to look at faces" and put his face right in front of Léo, who just stared at the ceiling (he did the exact same thing at his one month check up!).
Can he hold his head straight while someone holds him from laying on his back to sitting up position? Nope.
Does he always look in the left direction? Um, yes. We're going to have to work on forcing him to look in the right direction so that his neck doesn't become stiff.
Has he found his hands? YES (Pffff, finally!)
The doctor didn't ask, but he also likes to dance! I put some music on and I bounce him in my arms. If I stop, he bounces by himself. This is my favorite routine of the morning.

The doctor said he's on track. Huh?!? Oookay, I guess he's just waiting for his 4-month check up to see whether Léo has caught up then.

This week I'm going to have him nap in his co-sleeper in the living room during the day. He usually sleeps in my arms. Also I'm going to try to establish a feeding/nap routine. I just need a routine right now. At the same time, my dad and brother are arriving next week (already!) and will stay 3 weeks, so a routine might be hard to keep up. But when they leave I only have 3 weeks before I go back to work (uuuuuuuuugh) so I might as well establish something now. Right now he's sleeping in his co-sleeper. He's been there for all of 15 minutes and is still sleeping. Small victory!

Speaking of work... I really don't want to go back. I need to speak to my boss about this. I'll write more on this topic some other time.

3 comments:

Mark and Sarah said...

We're waiting for you with open arms :) Miss you!! Can we stop by this week (me and the kids?)

Heidi said...

You make me laugh - I can picture the doctor asking all of those questions! Our doctor is REALLY intense, I've walked out of many wellness appointments balling! Hopefully yours is more mellow!

I hope your new feeding/nap routine work out well! You must be excited to see your dad & bro - have fun!

Looking forward to reading your post about work...

Jen said...

Ahh... the myriad things we get to stress about with these babes! You must be so happy that Leo is growing big and strong, you're doing such a good job and I think you're a wonderful mom.

I don't even think about work yet - it still seems like ages until we go back but it really is creeping up soon huh? I don't want to think about it!