Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend

It is the end of Thanksgiving weekend. I love this 4-day weekend we have every year during which most of us pause a little and remember the things we are thankful for. On my list: Joseph, my family, my friends, a house, a job that allows flexibility and sometimes travels, my dogs (why yes, I am thankful for them, too), and of course, the baby boy who's growing inside me. This past year -November to November- has been eventful. Joe and I have gone through highs (baby! new place to live! grad school!) and lows (miscarriage at the end of December and some recurrent family issues). Overall it's been a good year and I do give thanks for all that we have.

We spent Thursday afternoon with our downstairs neighbors, who are in Seattle for a year only. It was nice to spend time together as both their family and ours are not from here and therefore don't have other family members to celebrate this day with. On Friday, we went to Macy's but decided not to shop further as the mall was crowded and pretty crazy. This weekend, we pretty much relaxed and watched a lot of football. Because of the snow, Joe didn't have school at all this weekend. It was so nice to spend every evening together. Only one more month and we're on vacation. We can do it -well, HE can do it!

I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving weekend.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hope you two had a great Thanksgiving! Much to be thankful for this year! Next year will be so special with your baby boy to celebrate with :).

Anonymous said...

I am amazed you went out shopping on Fri! Sounds like you had a fantastic weekend. This next year will also be full of things for the two of you to be thankful for!