Sunday, November 28, 2010

Monday's Random Thoughts

- I am less than productive today. I blame it on the Thanksgiving mini-vacation.

- Joe and I can't agree on a name for our little one. We agree on our top 5 names, but not on THE name. It's okay, we still have time.

- I was entertaining the thought of applying for grad school (master of social work) in March, but I think I'll pass. I don't think it would be wise for both of us to be studying. UW has a great 3-year, part-time program which allows students to go to classes for 2 full days 4 times a quarter only, but still. I have a few months to think about it, but right now it seems that it's not the best choice for our family.

- I decided not to write anything about politics after the November elections. Needless to say, I was quite disappointed that so many people would vote for Republicans whose only platform was to refuse any social progress in the sectors of health care, child care, and overall solidarity. Still, let me just say this... I hope the Dream Act passes before the new Congress comes in place in January. With a conservative Congress, this immigration reform would never pass, so I hope there is time to pass this into law. The Dream Act would allow adults who immigrated to the US as children to become US citizens if they have been in the US for more than 5 years straight and if they enlist in the military or go to a higher institution (toward their BA) for 2 years. The US is, for most of them, the only home they know and it would be good for this country to show a bit of mercy and grace to these now adults.

- To go back to something entertaining, here is a picture of my mini-bump at 20 weeks (we're halfway there!):

and some pictures of nurseries I like and might try to replicate in all or in parts (needless to say, blue is my favorite color):




4 comments:

Fab said...

love the bump and the blue nurseries. i'll agree that it's wise not to tackle grad school at the moment. you'll be busy and tired...maybe when he's a year and sleeping through the night?!

please dish on the names :)

Jen said...

I love that growing bump - it's beautiful! Nursery ideas are fun to look at - I could spend hours online. Oh wait, I already have. I'm really digging that last pic, the color of the walls and the white tree decal.

Heidi said...

You are so cute! I love your ideas for the nursery!

And I agree with your friend above: what are the names?!

Tony and I had these names on our shortlist (I just found the post-it a few days ago): Xavier, Cairo, Diego, Isaiah, Zachary, Luke, Spencer, Luca, Omar & Emile. :-)

Anonymous said...

Go DREAM Act!

Super cute bump!

Love the colors and the decor ideas. Fun!