Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wuss

My life is not super interesting at the moment (work-home-work-home), so thank God for boot camp!

This past Monday, I realized that, yeah... I'm kind of a wuss when it comes to working out! Kelly says "10 more seconds" and my brain goes "all done!" She says "20 push ups" and my brain thinks "riiight, try 10." And as soon as it starts hurting (push up #3. Did I mention I do half push ups?) my body is all "DOOD, ouch. Stop. Now." And for some reason I listen to my brain and body. I wish I were one of those people pushing through the pain, but nope. I STOP. Seriously, when I was 11 I got a note from my doctor saying I had asthma because I didn't want to run during gym class. Yeah, that's my level of commitment to anything cardio/gym/pain-related. Imagine me giving birth. "Oooh, yeah, ok, that was fun, but I'm not going to go through with that. Pushing? Nuh-uh, I don't think so. I'll just stop and see what happens."


So the challenge to myself for the next boot camp is to go to the end of 2 exercises -plank, running around the block, anything! Just push through the pain and build up some resistance and strength.

On a totally unrelated note, Happy Bastille Day!

No comments: