Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I Miss France

Just sayin'.

I do well here in the US. I like the country (most of the time!) and love my life. But sometimes -like today because I know it's July 14th and people celebrated- I miss French people, however frustrating they can be, and French culture, especially books and movies. I just miss feeling I'm at home. Actually when I am in France I feel at home and I also feel like a stranger because I have missed so much, in terms of music and TV and daily references. But being in France is... I don't know. It just feels natural and easy. I am so fortunate to have an awesome French colleague with whom I work closely. We laugh together like no other and have the same cultural references. That helps.

So right now I wish I could be home, with my family. I wish I could tease and hug my brother. I wish I could walk in the streets of Paris, take the metro, see my friends, speak French, and enjoy Bastille Day with the rest of my country.

1 comment:

Fab said...

it must be hard sometimes to be so far away.