Friday, July 9, 2010

Boot Camp - Week 1

I started boot camp on Wednesday morning. It was so difficult to wake up at 5:30, but so great to be done with my workout at 7am! We were indoors and did a bunch of stuff, from push-ups and running around the block to crunches and leg exercises. It was tough, but it was fun. I have no cardio whatsoever, but plan on building that in the next few weeks -maybe I'll run around Greenlake on the weekend. I couldn't finish some of the circuits and cut my number of push-ups from 20 to 10 to... well, not that many! I sweated way too much and breathed like a smoker running a marathon. The next day I rediscovered some muscles I thought were long gone. Well, welcome back to my life, my precious!

The woman leading the boot camp, Kelly, was super nice and encouraging. All the girls there are also really nice. I was afraid there would be some competition, but nope. Oh, the best part: they give you free Vitamin water and I also got a free yoga mat. Score!

Thanks to the heat here I haven't eaten too much and have lost a couple of pounds. I was afraid I would eat like a pig because "hey, I burnt many calories this morning" but that hasn't happened. Not yet anyway.

Next session: Monday. And oddly enough, I can't wait!

1 comment:

Tony, Heidi & Oliver said...

You're my hero. Good for you! I'd be super excited about free Vitamin h20 and a yoga mat too! :-)