Wednesday, March 13, 2013

We're moving!

Finally I can talk about it officially! We're moving to San Diego at the end of May. There, it's said. Pfiew, it feels good not to keep this hidden anymore. We have been talking about moving to Southern California for years -and then finally about a year ago I felt at home here in Seattle, after 5 years (I'm slow like that!). And that's when Joe's work decided they would open a branch in San Diego -and because Joe had pushed so much for that idea, they started talking to him about opening the office there. He interviewed last week and he got the final and official letter yesterday. On my end, I started talking to my boss in November about the possibility of working from home. He immediately agreed. Last Monday, HR officially agreed to let me have a home office. So voila, we're moving in a few months!

This is so exciting for so many reasons. We'll be closer to Joe's family and our friends from there. We'll be in the sunshine all. the. time. And did I mention we'll be closer to family? And the sun?

It's bittersweet for me because I'm losing a few things I really enjoy here: a church I love (though yeah, ok, I never go), girlfriends I love like they're my sisters, and an urban life that is so very convenient. Oh and an intellectual and liberal city. I'm going to miss all those Obama stickers on cars!

Now we have to go through the apartment, decide what we're going to keep, throw away, and donate. And we need to pack. Oh packing, how I loathe thee. And we have to find a new daycare for Léo. Stress-stress-stress-stress.

This weekend we're going to Orange County and San Diego to visit houses. That should be fun.

So YAY! We're moving soon. We're ready for this new adventure! Expect both thrilled posts and a bit of wah-wah in the next few weeks.


1 comment:

Heidi said...

I'm excited for you guys! Some people have Obama stickers down here too! :-) The flower fields in Carlsbad might be blooming already?! Will you have time for fun stuff like that?!