Saturday, March 23, 2013

House Hunting

is only fun on HGTV where people have a choice between three houses and voila, they have a new home!

In reality it's stressful -and it involves a lot of money! The market in San Diego is not good for buyers right now. There is little inventory and houses are sold in a few days, meaning that buyers have to offer the price listed or over. Before we flew to California last week we had on our list 5-6 houses we liked and were only able to visit one because the other ones were already sold. Our real estate agent told us that it was not easy to buy a house from Seattle but she'll visit houses for us now that she knows what we want. Still... We look at new houses daily but there is not much there in the neighborhoods we like.

Also, yeah, we're going to live in suburbia. I don't quite know what I think about that yet!

We might have to rent at first and wait for ZE house to come along. I told my friends at work that I don't know whether I'm in denial or totally at peace but I'm not stressed at all. Everything will be fine. We'll be fine. We'll have a place to live and we'll manage. We're so lucky to have this opportunity, to move to a place close to family, and to be able to rent or buy.

Now we need to start going through the apartment to figure out what we're giving / throwing away. Fun, fun!


No comments: