Wednesday, May 11, 2011

One Month Old

My little frogger is one month old! It's amazing how fast time went. Joe went back to work today, which is pretty sad. It was great to spend everyday together these past 4 weeks.

What a month this has been. My dear friend Jen, whose beautiful baby s 2 weeks and 2 days older than Léo, calls it a roller coaster and I can't agree more. There are ups (how cute he is, how amazing it is that he's with us, all the little faces he makes while eating and stretching and pooping!) and downs (colic, reflux, nasal congestion, long nights... sometimes all at once!). The first 3 weeks were emotionally rough. The last week has been physically exhausting because he has been crying a lot in pain. Yesterday we finally called his pediatrician -because he didn't schedule a month check up and we were worried about Léo's labored breathing- who told us he might have reflux, which would explain the spit ups and bouts of crying. We've been holding him up right after feedings and whenever he sleeps and that has helped a lot already. We have yet to introduce formula. We tried it once and he started having tummy aches. That probably has nothing to do with formula (he has had formula ONCE and has had tummy aches for a week and a half) but it scared me enough to keep on exclusively breast feeding for a while!

Léo has grown and he's becoming a chunky little monstah. I love his routine when he nurses, the little noises he makes, and, well, pretty much everything about him -except the crying, I have to say! Right now he doesn't want to sleep unless he's held and I love even that because this phase of being super cuddly won't last forever and I might as well take advantage of it while I can.

My mom and grandma arrived yesterday and will stay with us for 3 weeks. They hold him all the time and really help with caring for him. It's also great to speak French all the time around him. Hopefully I'll keep on doing that when they leave.

Finally, Joe keeps on being a great dad. He's very hands on and Léo loves him! My friends have also been such a great source of strength. This first month would have been so difficult without their support. I am truly blessed to have such great people in my life.

With his grandma and great grandma.

Cuddle/nap time (20 hours a day).

I don't know who started this game, but it's pretty cute!

One month old.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I just love all of these new photos!

When I was having a rough time with Oliver the first month (and he wasn't napping AT ALL), a friend recommended this - it is made for babies with colic, reflux, etc.

http://www.napnanny.com/

I do believe certain models were recalled because there was an issue with the harness, so in case you decide to buy one check that out!

So glad you're enjoying this time with Joe and your mom and grandma!

Anonymous said...

Yay for cuddle time and family time! Sorry Joe had to go back to work already, but it's great that your family is here now. I'm sure they are LOVING Leo, and that he is getting immersed in French. :-) I hope he starts feeling better soon!