Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to you, my friends. I hope this year bring more joy, love, and laughter than ever. May your life be fulfilled this year.

I usually make about 53 resolutions at the beginning of each year -52 of which I abandon after a week. I love resolutions. I love planning for the future... but then I really truly suck at implementing anything. This year is different of course! 2011 is not really a good year for resolutions, since I know and don't know what it will bring. I know it'll being a baby, lots of planning around school, work, and family for Joe, and a lot of visitors during the summer. But I don't know how parenthood will change us, how the first few weeks with the baby will be, how I will handle lack of sleep (oh, how I am dreading lack of sleep!), whether my baby will be easy or fussy, and whether I'll enjoy work as much when I come back from my leave in August. In light of this big unknown coming into our lives, I only vow to be the best mom, wife, and friend I can be. I also want to be better to people around me and keep on volunteering in my community -through church or other organizations. But that's it. No pressure this year. Just be the best I can be -and also be patient with myself and the people around me (This is a continual joke in my head but I'm sure this mantra will come in handy a few times: do not shake baby. Leave the baby in crib and step back, breathe, and come back to soothe baby!!).

2011 will be exciting, challenging, and probably pretty awesome. I am loving it already!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 2011 Friend! This year is going to be an amazing one for you and I can't wait to see the wonderful changes that happen in your life this year!
xo

Fab said...

What an exciting year you have ahead of you! Looking forward to reading all about it :)