Thursday, May 8, 2014

Choices!



I am quite stressed right now and faced with many choices. Mind you, first world problem choices –all good choices in the end. But I do not like making choices. I really take forever to make any decision in life. I like change in theory but in reality change leaves me exhausted, feeling like I need therapy.

We have had to make three main choices lately: whether Leo’s new school was really a good fit for him, where we’d move (in order to be closer to his new school), and whether to start him in the new school in July or September. I think we have all decisions made, but my heart is still fluttering thinking about the other options and I feel less confident than ever. And I am stressed about all the changes ahead for Léo (in chronological order: new apartment, new school, new language, new brother). I need a nap!

How do you deal with making big decisions in your life?

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Oh gal, that's a lot! How are you feeling about Leo's school? Are you thinking of starting him in July instead of September because it'd make sense with daycare costs or because that's when everyone starts or...? Choosing schools for our kids = one of life's most stressful decisions. My parents didn't have any choices, and in a way, I think that must have taken so much pressure off of them! To answer your question, I usually make lots of lists and do a lot of verbal processing and OVER-researching. I'm not sure that's healthy, but that's what I do...Are you guys down here in the next few weeks?