Thursday, June 20, 2013

Dreading Daycare

I am working all day long. I have never worked that hard actually! No opportunity to take a coffee break or lunch with girlfriends or to chat for 30 minutes (or more!) about life and kids and trips. I'm just working. And days are long already. And they're pretty much the same: moi, my computer, my somewhat dark apartment (I need to buy lamps!). Oy.

But Leo is home with his grandma (she's really really awesome as a mom, mother-in-law, and now grandma. I wish she could move in with us and care for Leo all the time!). And his being home means that I see and hear him and get to kiss and hug him whenever I want. He seems to love it as well.

And as I'm signing one more check for his new school (why are schools so %$^# expensive in this country?), I find myself dreading July 1st, when he'll go back to school. Fortunately he'll only be in school for 4 days a week during the summer and spend Mondays with his grandma. And his first week will only be M-W as I have July4-5 off. Still, it'll be heartbreaking to let him go. After our 2 weeks in France he cried every morning when we brought him to daycare and he told us daily he didn't want to go. I hope he likes his new school. I hope they hug him and shower him with attention and love. We were spoiled in Seattle with a ratio teachers to students of 1:3 or less (I'm serious). Now it's 1:6. *sigh*

I know he'll be fine. I know he'll make new friends. I'm still dreading it and think about July 1st all. the. time.

2 comments:

Jen said...

He will adjust, and hopefully grow to love it as much as his last place. But I know it will be hard. Change is always hard and putting your baby into a new situation is just hard. It's the biggest downside to working. :( But I hope the transition period goes fast and soon you're all used to your new routine!

Anonymous said...

How's he doing at the new school? How are you doing with drop off every day?
m