Sunday, January 6, 2013

2012 Recap

Happy New Year!
Bonne année 2013.
I wish you all a year of joy, love, and fulfillment.

It seems that 2012 came and went. A lot happened! I stayed with the same organization but have a new job that I love. I visited three new countries (2 for work, 1 for leisure). I also took 3 domestic trips for work and as many to visit family. Léo turned one, learnt to walk, is learning to speak, and has been delightful year round. He finally has been sleeping through the night for 3 weeks straight. Joseph had a great year at work and now has a really great opportunity to open a new branch. Finally my dad and brother visited us at the end of the year -great way to end the year!

Next year promises to be exciting as well. We're going to travel to Europe in the spring. We are thinking about buying a house (I can't give too many details right now but they'll come in due time). We're also thinking of Baby #2 in the near future (+ 9 months obviously!). I will travel again for work, mostly to El Salvador, which I'm really excited about -I'm a little less excited that my first trip there is in just a week because I'll miss my baby but hey, at least I get to travel. This year Léo will turn two and will probably talk a great deal. I can see fun and tantrums in the future!

As we were watching the fireworks ringing in the new year I thought that this year I don't have resolutions. I don't even have great expectations. I am just going to enjoy the ride. I do have some resolution-ish thoughts (be kinder to the dogs, eat healthier, save money, smile more) but nothing specific that can be broken after 2 weeks! I'm ready for 2013.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I'm so glad you continue to blog so I can keep up on your life! I can't believe you're in El Salvador next week! Safe travels friend. Excited to hear about what exciting new changes 2013 brings you (house, bebe, etc!!)!