Sunday, May 6, 2012

Words!

Léo doesn't speak yet but he's trying to. It's the cutest thing. He says "doggie" and all birds are "duckie." Doggie, duckie, and daddy sound alike. He barks with his mouth closed "hmmhmm." He does the snake "sssss" (and ALL other animals make that sounds, didn't you know!). When I ask him in French "what sound does the dog make?" he says "doggie" in English. Well, at least he understands French!
He babbles all the time, really.

It's a fun time in our lives. Well, most of the time! He's been whiny a lot lately and sometimes wakes up for extended periods in the the middle of the night (2h45 last night. Yeah that was awesome).

I'm leaving tonight for DC. I'll stay there until Wednesday afternoon. I'm going to miss my baby, above when it seems that something new is happening every day. I love this little boy so much!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute! I love that all birds are "duckie". :-) It's also awesome that he is understanding you in French! Way to go Mama & Léo!
So sorry he was up for almost 3 hours the other night. What?! Apparently he thought he was just going down for a nap instead of down for the night? Someone didn't get the memo. While it'll be hard not to see him for a couple days, it might be nice for you to get a full-night's sleep! (And maybe he'll sleep better for Joe while you're gone. Hoping so, for Joe's sake!)