Friday, July 29, 2011

Awesome Purchase

Today I bought Milkies, aka " the milk saver". It's to use on the non nursing side while breastfeeding and it stores the milk that leaks during let down -you then put the milk in a bad and store it. First time I used it I got almost 1 ounce, which usually goes to waste. Right now every little drop counts as my production is still a bit low. ONE ounce. I must have fed Léo about 800 times + since he was born. That's a lot of wasted milk. Without counting night feedings, I feed him about 5 times per day. That's a bottle right there. I'm so thrilled.

This milk-saver thing is going to be part of any gift package I am making for pregnant moms from now on (Nancy, Melanie, Crystal: sorry to spoil one of your surprises!)

PS: Contrary to what they say on their website, I don't find the stuff "slim" and don't agree with the fact that "no one will ever know you're wearing it." It's bulky. Whatever. It does the job well!


1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow. I'll have to try these! Although I don't think I usually leak any milk from the other side...will have to try it anyway.