Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Early Arrival?

Yesterday Joe and I went to the doc to have my 37-week check up. She said that the baby is long, might weight about 8 pounds when he's born (holy cow! Both my brother and I were 6.2 pounds at birth and I consider that normal weight for a newborn)... and might come really early because his head is already way down.

Squeeze me, did you say "early?" I mean, I'm fine with him coming a tad earlier than scheduled, but when at the end of the appointment she said "well, see you next week [for our next appointment] or at the hospital before that" I got juuust a little anxious. Don't get me wrong. I want to meet this sweet child of ours, but I am also LOVING being pregnant with him and feeling him move inside, so if I could experience that for a couple more weeks, that would be great.

Joe thinks he'll come between April 8-11. I said he will be there between April 10-14. We'll see...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So exciting! You'll miss him moving inside, but holding him in your arms will be even more glorious. :-) I hope I'll here for his arrival!

Heather said...

I vote April 9th cuz that's MY birthday!!! C'mon baby boy! Good luck Johanna. Will be thinking about you!