Saturday, January 3, 2015

Well that was a tough transition -and Happy 2015!

Happy new year!!

I went back to work a month and a half ago and man... that was tough. Organization-wise, we pretty much sucked. We had a nanny for a bit but she's so awesome she got a job and left (fortunately she's now a great friend), and the nanny who replaced her was not available all the time because of previous commitments or illness. So I had to take time off a few weeks after being back already, which was not the plan. Jude's daycare will open full time next week, so this right there should make our lives easier.

Work itself has been rough. I can't really focus or understand very deep conversations. My brain goes blank a few times a day. It's quite annoying. Also, one single project has now become my main priority -I'll spend 70% of my time managing it. Overall I still love my job and my team but my motivation is not quite back to what it was pre-Jude. I'm a bit over it right now.

Good news: my brother and his girlfriend have been here since Christmas Day. They're staying until January 12th, which gives us a lot of time to hang out and talk. I love this time together. Last time we saw each other was in May 2013. Too long without seeing my favorite person in the world -the 3 boys in my house excluded.

I'm enjoying the last days of vacation with everyone. I hope you had a great holiday season!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Oh man friend, sorry for such a stressful transition! Enjoy the last week of togetherness with your brother!