Sunday, November 2, 2014

Talking to Jude

I have never felt comfortable talking to Léo or Jude. I don't know what to tell them. I end up saying "Hi baby!" 103 times in a row. But last week I read this blog post and it clicked! Talk to your baby not to increase their vocabulary but to tell them what is happening to them before or as things happen. That has helped tremendously. I still say "Hi baby!" too much, but I also make sure I talk to Jude as a human who deserves to know what is happening around him, not a mere participant in my life.

(I know the site is affiliated with the RIE method, which stands for Resources for Infant Educarers. I haven't read much about that because I don't want to feel like a failure for not following such and such method.)

1 comment:

mel said...

This is a helpful reminder! As an introvert, I crave that quiet time when Miles is napping and I don't need to talk to anyone, but oh yeah, there's Mia. :p She deserves some conversation too, even if she's not responding!