Thursday, August 22, 2013

One of the benefits of having a child

Having a child is wonderful in so many ways. One of the ways is that it opens your eyes to new things -you see the world trough your child's eye. And so I hear every train whistle in town, notice every fast car going by... and I now love to buy clothes and items that are (gasp!) not blue. Recently, I bought green dresses and shirts and a purple wallet. Oh I know... nothing there earth shattering, but for a smurf like me, this is actually pretty big.

So one of the benefits of having a child is widening your world view... starting with colors! 

(Yes, my next post should be more interesting. Maybe. I lack sleep, people. My brain can only produce so much!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For a second I thought you were talking about L when you said you bought green dresses and a purple wallet! LOL. I was like, "I know he loves purple, but why does he need a wallet, and a green dress?!" Nevermind. :-)

Yes, seeing and hearing the world through the eyes of a child is refreshing, and causes us to pause and smell the roses (sometimes literally). It is a joy!
m