Sunday, May 26, 2013

Role Play and Talk

Yesterday was the first time Léo put in place a role play. Sometimes he plays with two cars and has them say hi to each other, but that's about it. Yesterday we changed his crib into a day bed hoping that he would love it and stay there instead of hoping onto our bed in the middle of the night (fail, though he did fall asleep easily in his bed instead of ours). He had me lie in his bed and told me "mama night-night. Léo bye-bye. Mama boohoohoo." So there I was was, made to cry. So I borrowed Léo's way of talking and pretend cried "Mama no night-night. Yes Léo." He ran back into the bedroom and said "mama yeah night-night. No Léo." Of course he was laughing his butt off and loving it. We played that game for a good 15 minutes.

Aaah, living with a talking toddler is the best. He's not talking in full sentences of course and most of his words are only understandable if you know him really well but he's getting better everyday at repeating after us and talking to us. Sometimes you can tell his brain "freezes" and it takes him a few seconds of stuttering to get his words out!

And in other news, we've been watching "Cars" everyday. Oh my how motherhood has changed me. My son was NOT to watch TV. Yes but TV is sooo convenient in the morning while we get ready... So "Cars" it is for now. Of course he can tell us pieces of dialogues before they happen. I love that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, television. I realize I've hit the 'low' in my 'rules' of children and tv when I can't wait for my 1 year old to actually WATCH tv for more than 15 seconds. Yes, I'm horrible. So instead, I wake up at the butt-crack of dawn to ensure I'll be up and READY before he even wakes up. I've made the mistake before of waking up when he wakes up and TWO HOURS later, we were finally ready to the house. Please Elmo, save me!