Saturday, August 14, 2010

30

I turned 30 on Friday. I was not happy about turning 30 and I am still not sure I'm embracing this age quite yet. I really did like being 20-something. I hope I am not supposed to act all grown up and think before I talk/write now.

Friday was actually pretty uneventful. I usually don't like to celebrate my birthday, so Joe and I went to dinner on Thursday night, cancelled our reservation for Friday night (at a great restaurant, but there's so much fat we can eat in 2 days!), and we spent the day driving around town, running errands -nice errands, though. In the evening we saw the play Ruined -which I will discuss in another post. All in all, pretty good day.

It's fun to compare where I thought I would be at 30 to where I am at:

* Thought I would live in the US: check.
* Thought I would be living in the sun: Seattle, you're killing me!
* Thought I would be married: check.
* Thought I would be married to a famous person: not yet (what? Joe might be famous one day).
* Thought I would have a child: working on that.
* Thought I would work in the entertainment industry: nope.
* Thought I would do something good for other people: through work, yes.
* Thought I would be filthy rich: damnit, no.
* Thought I would have a rock star body (not the mix-of-coke-and-booze type, but the awesome type): hahahha.
* Thought I would be rid of my fear of flying: uuuugh, that's a no.
* Thought I would own a house: no, but I like renting, so that's fine.

Well, that's pretty much all I thought. Not bad, akshully. I like where I'm at. I have been immensely lucky in my life (I wanted to write "blessed" but then I'd have to have a conversation with one of my besties about that, so let's leave it at lucky!).

So I think I'm ok being 30. Let's see what this new decade brings.

No comments: