Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Oscar Season

February is back! That means that the Oscar nominations are out and it's time for Joe and I to rush to the movie theater to watch as many nominated movies as we can (in the biggest categories only). We have already watched half of the nominees for best picture: Up, Up in the Air, Inglourious Basterds (I hope that Christopher Waltz wins for best supporting actor), District 9, and the Hurt Locker. So far I am on Team Hurt Locker. It's a beautiful movie about EODs (Explosive ordnance Disposal Teams, aka the bomb squads) in Iraq and it captures the difficulties and the adrenaline-induced-addiction of being a soldier there.

Next up: Avatar, the Blind Side, A Serious Man, Precious, Crazy Heart, and An Education.


Bets are open as to who will win in the main categories. Stay tuned as I give you my picks!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Good luck! I haven't seen a single movie on the list. Still catching up on flicks from 2008! Just watched Changeling with Angelina for the first time the other day, ha ha! I'd like to see the Blind Side and Up in the Air....