Sunday, January 17, 2010

2010

I am back! I deleted this blog at the end of 2009 because I felt I didn't have anything to write, yet I find myself thinking "I could write about this and that" so I am back.

The end of 2009 was a bit of a rollercoaster. I learnt I was pregnant but miscarried a couple of weeks after. Since then I have felt a bit depressed, a bit empty, but also positive that 2010 will be a good year and that I have to embody the Ubuntu philosophy. So 2010 will be a year of being good to myself, to others, and to the planet, which turned into 3 resolutions

- Be good to myself: cook healthy meals and work out (I have started working out at work during lunch time and we follow the "Insanity" workout, which is... insane!).
- Be good to others: become an advocate on behalf of a cause.
- Be good to the planet: buy organic food as much as possible and recyle (yes, I know... who doesn't recycle these days? Well, until recently, moi!).

I will try to keep updating this blog often, but I don't want this to become a burden. Still, keep checking in.

Of course, I have to mention Haiti. Please consider donating to an organization of your choice. Joe and I donated to the organization I work for, but there are a lot of good organizations out there that are doing a lot in Haiti -and have been there before the earthquake hit. The people of Haiti need your help.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I had one before getting pregnant with Jake and it was really hard for me. I hope you are doing well.

I'm glad that you decided to come back to your blog! I'm excited to read about what's to come...

Mark and Sarah said...

Glad you're back. I'm so sorry for the loss of your baby. Hoping that 2010 is a GREAT year for you. Let's get together soon.

Heather said...

Aw, Johanna, I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I hope you're feeling better. I bet 2010 will be such a great year for you and Joe! Glad to see you posting again. I love checking in to see what you're up to, and thinking about ;). Will keep Haiti in our thoughts and keep donating. Holt has a care center in Haiti. All of the children are safe.

Jen said...

Yay, glad you're back. I do believe 2010 will be a good year. :) Glad we can support each other and get INSANE together! ;)